The 10th edition of Mallorca 312 - Giant - Taiwan shall officially start at 7 am on Saturday, 27th April 2019, in Playa de Muro. The distance to be covered is 312 km and ends at the same place as the departure point, where arrivals shall end at 9.00 p.m. It is open to any cyclist over 18 years or over 16 years with written parental consent.
Mallorca 225 shall officially start at 7 am the same day, also departing from Playa de Muro. The distance to be covered is 225 km and ends at the same place as the departure point, where arrivals shall end at 5.00 pm. It is open to any cyclist over 18 years or over 16 years with the written parental consent.
Mallorca 167 shall officially start at 7 am on the same day, also depart from Playa de Muro. The distance to be covered is 167 km and ends at the same place as the departure point, where arrivals shall end at 5.00 pm. It is open to any cyclist over 18 years or over 16 years with written parental consent. The organization reserves the right to change the start times of Mallorca 312, Mallorca 225 and Mallorca 167.
Mallorca 312 - Giant - Taiwan, Mallorca 225 and Mallorca 167 are cycling sports events governed by Article 9 of the RFEC's Cycling and Cycle Tourism for Everyone Regulations, as a free-speed cyclosportive with an appreciable difficulty (distances or height differences) where individual participation and effort are a motivation for self-improvement. Participants will be identified with bibs on their bicycle. A register will be established of all participants who complete the event, and will be awarded diplomas with distance and approximate time invested in the course, all within the framework of a cycling specialty that conceives this sport as physical exercise for the purpose of leisure and tourist or cultural. This event is subject to the provisions of Annex II of Royal Decree 1428/2003, of 21st November, approving the General Traffic Regulations.
Prior registration at the organization is mandatory. The organizer will assign each participant a bib number plate. The registration fees are:
||First 1.000 entries
||Entries from 1.001 to 7.000
||Entries from 7.001|
Besides the aforementioned price, cyclists that are not members of the RFEC shall have to pay an additional 12€ for the participant's insurance.
For RFEC members it is mandatory to show their license. If they don’t, they will have to pay 12€ for one-day assurance.
In order to take part, cyclists must either be members of the Royal Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) or acquire the one-day insurance provided by the organization.
The fact that the user is federated outside of Spain, or that the user is federated in a federation other than the RFEC (Real Federación Española de Ciclismo) such as Triathlon (RFET), Royal Spanish Athletics Federation (RFEA), Cycling Federation (FCT) will not exempt from the payment of the compulsory insurance price of 12 euros to participate in the Mallorca312.
In these cases other than the RFEC license, the user will assume the payment of the compulsory insurance price of 12 euros to participate in the event.
Participation in the event is at the sole risk and responsibility of the participants. When registering, participants declare that they are physically fit to take part in the event.
Only paid subscriptions shall be accepted. There is therefore NO POSSIBILITY of pre-registration and payment when picking up the participant number. Payment can only be made via the Internet with a credit card via the secure payment gateway proposed by the organization.
Registrations are strictly personal and non-transferable and cannot be used by anyone other than the person registered. One participant cannot replace another.
The participant must personally pick up their number, with a valid identification (ID card or passport) The collection of the bicycle badge by a person other than the registered participant will not be allowed.
The time shall be controlled electronically with the use of a chip attached to the number plate. The number plate must be fixed on the front of the handlebar. The chip does not work if it is in direct contact with the bicycle or if more than one chip on the ankle or if placed anywhere elsewhere. Any participant that does not carry a chip shall not be entitled to the diploma.
The time control system has been proved to be completely reliable, so those participants who do not cycle through all the checkpoints shall not be deemed as classified: departure at the established time, arrival and other checkpoints located along the route.
• Any participant overtaken by the "End of event" vehicle shall be considered as out of the event and shall hand in their number, chip and bicycle number plate; making use of the sweeper bus. There shall be various eliminatory checkpoints and deadlines shall be set for passing through these checkpoints.
• Any participant exceeding these deadlines shall have to pull out of the event, using the sweeper bus or, having left the event, as a normal user of public highways under his or her own responsibility, without any assistance of the organization, should the participant decide to continue the route.
Numbers and extra items, shall be collected at our offices in Playa de Muro on Thursday 25 April from 9 pm to 9 pm and Friday 26 April from 9 am to 9 pm.
The collection of the runner's number and bag shall only take place during the days and hours authorized by the organization. No deliveries will be made, nor will it be possible to collect the participant's bag, or any other extra material acquired during the registration process, after this period. During the race, all participants must carry the number, the chip and bicycle number plate and keep them clearly visible. Any participant who does not have the number plate clearly visible on the handlebar shall be excluded from the event by members of the organization or by the police. The number and the chip are personal and non-transferable. Registered participants may only participate with the number that has been assigned to them and they agree not to allow others to use their number.
All participants who are seen being towed by any vehicle shall be excluded by the Organization.
Escort vehicles are prohibited in accordance with the Traffic Regulations: the police shall stop any escort vehicles and these shall be responsible for any fine resulting from not complying with these regulations. The organization reserves the right to take action against people who break the rules, including prohibiting them from participating in future editions of the event.
The location of solid and liquid provisions shall be published in the participant’s book and course time schedule in the website.
While the event is taking place, the Organization shall have a team of doctors, ambulances and mobile Intensive Care Units, fixed first-aid posts, a medical post at the arrival and sweeper buses.
The organization shall provide mechanical assistance at fixed posts. In the case of breakdown, labour shall be free of charge but all replacement parts shall be paid for by the participants.
• It is compulsory to wear a helmet.
• It is recommended but not mandatory to wear the official jersey during the event as a distinctive element to facilitate the work of the organizers, volunteers and security forces.
• For security reasons, you can only participate with conventional road bikes with brakes on both wheels and without time trial or triathlon handlebars.
It is NOT allowed the use of the following type of bikes.
- Bikes such as time trial and triathlon bikes
The Provincial Traffic Head Office, Guardia Civil, Municipal Police, Civil Defence shall ensure the event is held safely.
The Organization, advised by Civil Protection Organizations, may order the partial or total suspension of the event if it has sufficient information on risks that may affect the safety of participants or collaborating personnel. These risks may be associated with Adverse Weather Phenomena (Storms, Heavy Winds, Hailings, etc.), Floods, landslides, terrorist threat, etc. or any other incident outside the cycling tour that could potentially affect it. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is reported that the course will be clearly marked with the aid of a system of arrows and panels, as well as markers. The different routes will be clearly identified and differentiated.
All participants must diligently follow the provisions of the Road Safety Act and its Regulations. The event is held on roads closed to traffic. Whoever does not comply with the law shall be expelled from the event in question and subsequent events. Each participant declares to know the event’s regulations. By means of this document, participants declare that they assume the risks involved in the event, and that the organization shall not be liable for any incident or accident resulting from taking part in the event.
The Organization shall not be liable for any accident that might be caused by or involve a participant, who must be covered by the federated insurance, nor is it liable for any expenses or debts that may be incurred during the event by participants, nor for any loss or damage regarding bicycles or other equipment of the participants. The Organization shall be exempt from any liability for loss or damage of personal property under any circumstances.
In order to pick up the participant number it IS MANDATORY to show your ID or passport, and your RFEC licence in the case that the insurance proposed by the Organization has not been taken out. The start number collection is personal and cannot be delegated on others. If not, the participant must pay 12€ for the participant's insurance.
Without prior notice, the Organization reserves the right to make any appropriate changes, if deemed necessary for any reason. It also reserves the Right to Refuse Admission.
Those who are firmly sanctioned for doping, either by the UCI or any other national federation or body with the corresponding powers, may not participate in Mallorca 312 .
Image rights. The acceptance of these regulations necessarily implies that the participant authorizes the organizers of Mallorca 312 to record all or part of their participation therein, accepts the use of their image to promote and broadcast images of Mallorca 312 or any other event organized or commercialized by 312 Bike& Tours SL or any other related to 312 Bike & Tours SL, in all formats (radio, print, video, photos, DVD, internet, posters, media, etc.) and transfers all rights to commercial exploitation and advertising deemed appropriate, without any entitlement to receive financial compensation.
Merely registering for this event implies acceptance of these regulations and the waiving of all rights regarding the Organization, renouncing any legal action that might result from participation in the event. By registering, the participant confirms that he accepts and agrees to respect the regulations of the UCI and the national federation, as well as the particular regulations of the event.
It also undertakes to accept the guidelines of the organization staff and of the security and first aid services, the risks associated with their participation, especially health risks, fall or collision, as well as risks related to road traffic and adverse weather conditions, where appropriate. Each participant is responsible for behaving respectfully with the environment, and for this purpose to take all appropriate measures in terms of environmental protection, not throwing waste along the route.
Participants shall be strictly penalized in the following cases:
• Do not respect the Highway Code.
• Do not respect the security procedures given by the police and by the Organization.
• Do not cycle through the departure checkpoint and through other checkpoints located along the route. • Dirty or degrade the route by throwing away rubbish.
• Have their own escort vehicle, hindering the progress of the rest.
• Behave in a way that stops the event from being carried out as normal and that contravenes these regulations.
• Locate themselves at departure locations that are not permitted by their participant number.
• Members of the police and of the Organization shall take note of those who behave as mentioned above.
• The Organization has a commitment with other participants and the authorities to penalize such participants effectively. The penalty shall be:
• Disqualification from the event without the right to receive a diploma or medal. • Inclusion on the lists of penalized participants, for later publication.
• A ban on taking part in future events.
• Any penalties imposed by the authorities, warranted as a result of the attitude taken.
The Organization shall designate a group of participants whose role shall be to ensure the safety of the event. They shall carry a kit that shall identify them at all times. These collaborators shall be entitled to inform the Organization of any breach of Article 22 by any participant, such communication being equal in value to any complaints made by the Organization itself.
The Organization shall not be liable if, without prior notice, the event is suspended, the courses are modified or it is postponed due to force majeure.
Winners must pick up the trophies at the podium as they shall not be sent by post.
The user declares to have read and accepted the legal conditions for taking part in the Mallorca 312:
• The user declares that he/she understands that Mallorca 312 – Giant – Taiwan is a sportive event.
• The user declares that he/she is in a good health condition to take part in a resistance or ultra- resistance sportive event.
• The user is the only one responsible for the care and safe-keeping of his/her material, including loss or damage of the personal items, as well as theft or other reasons. • The user undertakes to abide by the rules of the Spanish Road Safety Act and its Regulations, taking proper care for my own safety and that of the other participants and users of the public highway.
• The user exonerates the 312 Bike & Tours SL, the president and executive committee of the Club Ciclista 312 Events, the Federación Española de Ciclismo, the Federació de Ciclisme de las Illes Balears and/or any other individual or legal entity connected with the organisation of the event from any liability arising from any accident due either to reasons of traffic or to sporting accidents.
• The user accepts to exercise extreme precautions for any kind of unforeseen events or vehicles that might be driving on the route.
• The user knows that there are hazardous stretches on which he/she must take special care. Also that there are prolonged descents with bends on which he/she will reduce speed in order to avoid harm to him/herself and/or others. And that there are stretches on which the state of the road does not conform to adequate safety conditions, and different tunnels which may NOT be lit and I exonerate the organizers 312 Bike & Tours SL, from liability for any harm I may suffer due to the poor state of the road or due to a defect in the road traffic infrastructure.
• The user knows that the possibility of suffering a sports accident is inherent to cycling, and he/she personally assumes liability for any accident he/she may cause to him/herself, other participants in the event and a third party unconnected with the event, exonerating 312 Bike & Tours SL from any liability arising from such accidents.
In accordance with the European Parliament and European Council (EU) regulations 2016/679 of the 27th of April 2016 relating to the protection of individual persons regarding the processing of personal details and their free circulation, more commonly known as the the General Data Protection Regulation (henceforth, GDPR), as well as the legislation forming it, 312 BIKE & TOURS, S.L. informs you that the personal details obtained via their subscription service will be included in an automatic archive managed 312 BIKE & TOURS S.L (henceforth 312 Bike & Tours) with registered office in 'Carrer de Rafel Blanes, 90, 07570, Artà,' Balearic Islands, registered in the Merchants Register of Palma, Majorca on the 7th of July 2016, in volume 2666 of the file, General Section, page 26, section 8, sheet number PM-79.193, first registration, and identified physically by the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Spain with the CIF number: B-57.967.622.